Oyako DonburiFrom scearley 9 years ago
- 1 c chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 c soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c sherry with 1 Tbsp sugar mixed shopping list
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 c onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 c green onion, cut into 1/2" long pieces shopping list
- 2 c cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 c sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 medium eggs, beaten, room temperature shopping list
- cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine stock, soy sauce, sherry/sugar, ginger, garlic, and onions in a suacepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken and mushrooms.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Increase heat and once the broth is at a boil, add the beaten eggs, and stir for one minute.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide cooked rice (still hot) across four bowls, and spoon the donburi over and serve.
The Cookscearley Federal Way, WA
The Rating2 people
This is a fantastic dish! I made this tonight for family and guests and everyone loved it. It hit on all the flavor points and had a nice diversity of texture. Bravo.auntieandie in Ashland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!