Red Curried ShrimpFrom rottman 5 years ago
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tsp red curry paste shopping list
- 4 tb vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled, with tails left on shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- 1 onion, quartered and cut into very thin slices shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced very finely shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced very finely shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup sake shopping list
- 2 tb fish sauce shopping list
- 2 green onions, cut into thin slices shopping list
- 4 tsp chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 4 tsp chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- jasmine rice for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the coconut milk into a small saucepan. Whisk in the curry pase and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and the shrimp. Season with salt and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. The shrimp should be barely cooked. Remove them using a slotted spoon.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet, along with the onion and peppers, and saute for 1 minute. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds, or until it's fragrant. Pour in the sake and bring to a boil, stirring to deglaze the pan. Add the coconut milk and the fish sauce, bring to a simmer, and simmer for an additonal minute. Stir in the shrimp and bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and stir in the scallions, herbs and lime juice.
- Serve spooned over rice.