Old Fashioned Banana - Nut BreadFrom borinda 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beat these with a fork when ready to use them shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda - dissolved in the sour cream shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream shopping list
- 2-3 medium bananas, mash the pulp to make 1 cup shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or use your imagination - raisins, currants, dried cranberries...) MIX this with a bit of flour to lighten them when added. shopping list
How to make it
- Perheat oven to 350 degrees
- Generously grease and 8" long loaf pan and dust with unflavored breadcrumbs or flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the beaten eggs, the sour cream mixed with the baking soda.
- Next add the mashed bananas, flour, salt, and vanilla and beat until just incorporated.
- With a spoon mix in the nuts and/or fruit.
- Turn this into the prepared tin and bake about one hour.
- Test when done as according to the moisture of your ripe bananas the baking time is a bit individual each time I bake this.
- Cool on a rack a few minutes and then turn out of the pan, turn it right-side up, and finish cooling.
- This freezes wonderfully.