Pork Tenderloin En CrouteFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- Pastry: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 stick of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 1 egg, lighlty beaten (for glaze) shopping list
- Meat: shopping list
- 1 pound boneless pork tenderloin shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- To make the pastry:
- Place the flour and salt in a food processor and add pieces of butter, pulsing until mixture is the texture of oatmeal. Add the cold water and mix until it just comes together into a ball. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least an hour, or overnight.
- For the meat:
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, with a little oil in it, brown the tenderloin on all sides on moderate to high heat. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured board, roll out pastry in a rectangle large enough to encase the roast. Spread mustard on pastry and sprinkle with tarragon. Place pork in center and seal ends of pastry around the roast. Place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush pastry with beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 140 degrees. Then let it rest at least 10 minutes.
- I simply served mine with a balsamic reduction and roasted asparagus. Enjoy :-)
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating4 people
oh dont you just love trader joes i go there alot lol.......
i live the tenderloin in pastry its nice for a change delish !! too........love it
thank you so much ........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it