Bourbon Pecan PieFrom quaziefly 5 years ago
- 1 cup pecan pieces shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons and 4 Tablespoons and 3 Tablespoons lightly salted butter (9 Tablespoons total) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon and 1/8 teaspoon and 1/8 teaspoon salt (scant 1/2 teaspoon total) shopping list
- 1 cup and 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup (1-1/8 cups total) shopping list
- 3/4 cup and 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed (1-1/4 cups total) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons water at room temperature shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (2-1/2 teaspoons total) shopping list
- 3 large eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks at room temperature shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups pecan halves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Roast the pecan pieces on a baking sheet in the center of the oven for 8 minutes only. While the pecans are hot, stir in 2 tablespoons butter and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Raise the oven temperature to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
- Boil 1 cup corn syrup, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 4 tablespoons butter, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium size, heavy saucepan on medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Stir together the arrowroot and water in a small bowl. Stir in the bourbon and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Stir this mixture well into the hot syrup. Stir the eggs and egg yolks together in a large bowl, then stir the hot syrup in a little at a time.
- Sprinkle pecan pieces over pre-baked crust. Pour the filling over the pecans and bake in the lower third of the oven for 35 minutes. If the crust edge is getting too brown, cover just the edge with foil.
- While the pie is baking, stir together and boil 3 tablespoons butter, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons corn syrup, and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a medium-size, heavy saucepan for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in pecan halves and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pile or arrange coated pecan halves on top of pie and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
The Cookquaziefly ALL POINTS
The Rating6 people
awsome pecan pie thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds great, 5 forks for this one, maybe I can hold my fork for awhile??? LOLhenrie in Savannah loved it
All I can say is, deeeelicious! Great picture!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!