Philly Cheese Steak Onion Soup- for 2From minitindel 5 years ago
- French bread-1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crusty French loaf --- or regular fresh french /sour dough bread shopping list
- 1/2-1 teaspoon butter .use your own taste... i use more shopping list
- 1 boneless beef rib-eye steak (1/2 lb), trimmed of fat, cut into bite-size strips shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso vegetable Classic French onion soup or campbells French onion soup. shopping list
- 1 can (4 oz) mushroom pieces and stems, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese (2 oz) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake French loaf as directed on can.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add beef strips; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until browned.
- Stir in soup; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms into soup; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Cut 2 (1-inch-thick) diagonal slices from warm loaf; reserve remaining loaf to serve with soup.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Ladle soup into 2 (15-oz) ovenproof bowls.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese onto each serving.
- Top each with bread slice.
- Sprinkle bell pepper and remaining cheese evenly over each.
- Place bowls on cookie sheet; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and bread is toasted.
- Serve soup with remaining slices of loaf.
- 2 servings (1 3/4 cups each) ..ok! pick out your favorite wine and make a great salad to go with this …….yummy………
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating5 people
This is very nice and a high five from me.
HI to you, as well...a very big hello. More later....Best and warm wishes from Susie...puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Hi Mini, I hope my comment got to added to this wonderful dish....My best to you....warm wishes and talk with you later...Susiepuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!