Greek Lemon And Meatball SoupFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 1 - pound ground pork shopping list
- 2 -cloves garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 2/3 - cups grated onion shopping list
- 1 -teaspoon . grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 -Tablespoon fresh mint, minced shopping list
- 2 - Tablespoon minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 2- egg yolks shopping list
- 1 1/2 - cups whole wheat bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2- cup milk shopping list
- 1 - gallon strong chicken stock shopping list
- 1 - cup medium grain rice shopping list
- 4 - eggs shopping list
- 1 - cup cream shopping list
- 12 oz. spinach, chiffonade ( rough cut like rags ) shopping list
- juice of 3 lemons shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- parsley and fresh mint for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix together the pork, garlic, onion, lemon zest, mint, parsley and egg yolk.
- Add the bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Form mixture into 3/4 inch meatballs.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet and bake the meatballs until done,about, 25 minutes.Reserve.
- Bring the stock to a boil in a soup pot.
- Add the rice, salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and simmer slowly, uncovered, until the rice is done but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Strain the rice from the stock, reserving stock, Once cool, combine the stock with the meatballs.
- Combine the eggs and cream. Reserve. Chiffonade the spinach, reserve.
- To serve: Heat the meatballs and rice with a little stock in a sauté pan.
- Add the spinach chiffonade and reduce stock by half.
- Next temper the eggs and stir mixture into the stock pot and add the meatball, rice and spinach.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and mint.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating7 people
YUMMY! I remember my nouna (godmother) making me lemon soup but never tried it with meatballs before - I will have to try this thanks for posting Tink - I wish I could give you a 10.
Maryanneaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
sounds good ... like Greek Lemon soups..^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Hey Tink,had to take some time off after that avatar hallucinations. I just stopped by and wow, this sounds so good, But I think I will have to half it......:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it