SpanakopitaFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 3 ounces cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed shopping list
- 1 stick butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring water to a boil. Add spinach, cover, and boil until spinach is defrosted. Place spinach in a colander and drain until barely moist. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic and saute until scallions are soft. Add the spinach, feta, cottage cheese, dill, pepper, and salt. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a buttered sheet pan. (Cover remaining dough to keep from drying out.) Lightly coat sheet with melted butter. Coat 3 more phyllo sheets, one at a time, with melted butter and stack one on top of the other.
- Spoon spinach mixture on top of the phyllo dough and spread evenly.
- Brush remaining phyllo dough with butter and place on top of spinach mixture, making sure to press the phyllo down firmly. Score the top phyllo into a triangle shaped piece and butter the top of the phyllo.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into triangles. Serve warm.
- Makes About 20 triangles
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!