Corn Bread- bacon stuffed pork chopsFrom squeak1980 7 years ago
- 6 pork rib or loin chops, 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick shopping list
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 med. onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper,chopped shopping list
- 1 cup corn bread stuffing crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oben to 350 degrees
- Make a pocket in each pork chop by cutting into side of chop toward the bone.
- In 12- inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring ocasionally, untill crisp. tir in onion andbell pepper/ Cook 2-3minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are cresp-tender; remove from heat and drain. Stir in stuffing crumbs and water until well mixed. Stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with seasoned salt, marjoram and pepper. Fill pockets with about 1/3 cup corn bread mixture. In same skillet ,cook pork over medium heat, turning once, until brown. Place pork in ungreased 13x9 inch pan. Cover tightly with foil
- Bake 45 min. longer or until pork is no longer pink when cut near bone.
The Cooksqueak1980 Alton, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!