Easy Homemade Egg NoodlesFrom howdypumpkin 6 years ago
How to make it
- Pour the flour into a small bowl.
- Add the pinch of salt and stir.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour, like the hollow in mashed potatoes where the gravy goes.
- Break your egg, carefully, preserving 1/2 of the shell for later.
- Put the egg into the well in the flour.
- Fill the 1/2 egg shell with milk and pour it into the well, with the egg.
- Stir all ingredients together with a fork, until a ball begins to form.
- Work the remaining flour into the ball using your hands.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface, using a rolling pin...I roll mine paper thin, because the noodles will get larger when you cook them. However, you can make them any size you'd like.
- Cut the noodles using a circular pizza cutter.
- You can cook them right away in boiling water or broth, or dry them on drying racks to use later.
- If you are cooking the noodles immediately, sprinkle them into the water carefully, to avoid having a giant noodle ball. Boil for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you are drying the noodles, be sure to dry them completely (24 hours or so) and store in them in an airtight container, or carefully wrap and freeze.