Wilted Lettuce SaladFrom capebretonqt 7 years ago
- 1 3/4 lb Bibb or boston lettuce (4 heads), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions shopping list
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped shopping list
- 6 bacon slices shopping list
- 4 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put lettuce, scallions, and eggs in a salad bowl.
- Cook bacon in a heavy skillet over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain and pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from the skillet. Add vinegar and sugar to bacon fat and cook over moderate heat, whisking, until sugar dissolves. Whisk in cream, salt, and pepper, then boil until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Pour hot dressing over salad and toss well. Season salad with salt and pepper, if necessary, and crumble bacon over top.
The Cookcapebretonqt South Bar, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!