Cashew Savoury RiceFrom sitbynellie 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoons groundnut or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 8 oz. raw chicken breast, skinned and diced shopping list
- 8 oz. rinsed basmati rice shopping list
- Half a 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes shopping list
- Three-quarters of a pint of chicken stock, homemade if possible shopping list
- 3 whole cloves shopping list
- A quarter teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Some chopped parsley shopping list
- 3 tablespoons toasted cashew nuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Fry on a medium-low heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken.
- Fry on a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice.
- Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric and seasoning to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for about 10 minutes till the liquid is absorbed.
- When done, mix in the cashew nuts.
- Remove the whole cloves.
- Serve with chopped parsley to garnish.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksitbynellie Glasgow, GB
The Rating6 people
probably will leave out the nuts but it is a great recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love this recipe Nellie and cashews are one of my favorite ingredients to play around with. I have them stored in my freezer so they stay fresh. Then when I do a stir fry and can just plop some on the top for extra protein, crunch and flavor.
...morepollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
Sounds so interesting, so I've added to my list to try! Thanks for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it