Vietnamese Steam Buns Or Banh BaoFrom kidaria 7 years ago
- 4 c self rising flour (available at most supermarkets) shopping list
- 1 c whole milk, warmed shopping list
- 3/4 c white sugar shopping list
- 2 Chinese dried pork sausage links shopping list
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 500 g chinese bbq pork, sliced shopping list
- 2 lb medium ground pork shopping list
- 10 shittake mushrooms (fresh or reconstituted), sliced shopping list
- 1 onion, minced shopping list
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp veg oil shopping list
- 2 tsp fish sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, milk and sugar. Form a dough and cover with damp cloth. Rest in draft free place.
- Heat oil and add onions. As onions start to brown, add ground pork and mushrooms and cooks over medium.
- Add fish sauce, salt and pepper. Add oyster sauce last. Set aside.
- Roll dough into 2.5 inch diameter log. Cut into 30 to 40 pieces.
- Roll each piece, add 1 tbsp of meat filling. Then add 1 piece of bbq pork, 1 piece sausage and top with egg.
- Pinch ends together to form a ball.
- Put cut side down on parchment and steam for 15 minutes.
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating5 people
This sounds just awesome!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
I love these and this is an easier method than the one one usually use. Thanks. High 5.....shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
I saw a recipe for pork buns on Martha Stewart and that chef gets paid for those little tiny sandwiches; but boy did they look good! This gets you 5! Thanks for the recipe!lenora in Oak Park loved it