Egg Nog Cheese CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- For the crust: shopping list
- 200 g low fat Quark cheese shopping list
- 100 ml sunflower oil shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 100 g sugar shopping list
- 1 Pkt vanilla sugar shopping list
- 350 g flour shopping list
- 1/2 Packet baking powder ( 1 tsp b.p ) shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 7 eggs shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1 kg low fat Quark shopping list
- 350 ml eggnog shopping list
- 1 Packet vanilla pudding powder shopping list
- 250 g sugar shopping list
- 1 Packet vanilla sugar shopping list
- 100 g raisins shopping list
- 100 g sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- For the dough:
- Blend oil ,quark , egg, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Mix Flour with baking powder and add to cheese mixture to make a dough .
- Roll out dough and place dough in the greased springform pan to cover bottom and part way up sides.
- Preheat oven to 175C ( approx 350F )
- Mix Yolks, quark, eggnog, custard powder, sugar and vanilla sugar. .
- Beat whites with the salt to stiff peaks and blend into cheese mixture.
- Add the almonds and raisins
- Spread cheese mixture over the dough and bake 60 minutes or cake is done and set
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting.
- Serve pieces with heavy cream beaten with some egg nog and dust with cocoa if desired
- Note: quark is a European cheese, soft white curd cheese very similar to Ricotta cheese.
- The Net has many recipe on how to make substitutes for quark.
- The cheese also may be found in Gourmet groceries
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
great recipe thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
good post, I find this very unique, Probably nice for the winter holidays too!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
I agree with above!herby in Albany loved it
Sweet Tooth447 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Party Food316 members
All Holidays135 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
German Recipes25 members
German RecipesDeutsch32 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members