French Mushroom SoupFrom scearley 9 years ago
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 leeks, trimmed, split, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2 lbs white mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, sliced shopping list
- 4 c chicken stock shopping list
- 1 package (about 5.2 ounces) boursin cheese shopping list
- 3 Tbsp calvados shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chervil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large, nonreactive saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the leeks and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add th epotato, celery, and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until the potatoes are soft - about 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup in batches in a food processor, returning the puree to the saucepan.
- Add the crumbled cheese, and whisk until thoroughly melted.
- Stir in the Calvados, lemon juice, chervil, pepper and the remaining salt.
- Serve immediately.