Coconut Chicken With Honey Mustard Dipping SauceFrom grumpybaker 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 Lbs chicken tender strips - thawed. shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- ------ shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups coconut shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup corn starch shopping list
- (blend all these dry ingredients together) shopping list
- ----- shopping list
- 2 eggs well beaten with 1/4 cup water shopping list
- ___ shopping list
- Light weight oil for deep frying shopping list
- Note: If using a deep fry pan use at least 2-3 inches of oil shopping list
- ----- shopping list
- 1 can pineapple slices shopping list
- - shopping list
- honey mustard DIPPING SAUCE shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard shopping list
- poppy seeds (optional) shopping list
- . shopping list
- Optional spices I add to my sauce: Your choice in the amount used. shopping list
- onion powder, salt, Splash of worcestershire sauce, Dash of cayenne pepper. shopping list
How to make it
- Salt and sugar the chicken tenders and Marinate in refrigerator four hours in a plastic bag. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- During this time heat oil to 350 degrees in deep fryer.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, rinse and pat dry.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and water.
- Then roll in the coconut ,flour, cornstarch mixture.
- Carefully slip the chicken into the hot oil
- Fry for about 10 minutes or until a nice golden brown.
- Note: Don't over crowd - Cook in batches - Watch closely!
- Use fresh or canned pineapple slices- pat dry and fry to a golden color in a hot skillet with a very small amount of cooking oil.
- Serve the Honey Mustard dipping sauce in separate small dishes. One for each person. Add a nice green salad or coleslaw...Both great sides with this meal.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookgrumpybaker Jacksonville, OR
The Rating4 people
love the pineapple for garnish...you could almost use a mango salsa with this :)shecooks4u in Chandler loved it
What great sounding ingredients ~ five forksaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it