My Grandmothers Banana PuddingFrom susana 7 years ago
- 6 large eggs separated shopping list
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/4-cup cornstarch, sifted shopping list
- 6-cups whole milk shopping list
- 2-tspn vanilla shopping list
- 1-tspn salt shopping list
- tbspn unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 box of vanilla wagfers (12-oz) shopping list
- 8 bananas, peeled and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 4-quart ovenproof dish; set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks in a large saucepan.
- Add 2-cups sugar and cornstarch, whisking until smooth.
- Add milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Cook over mediumm-low heat, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter, whisking until smooth
- Set aside
- In the prepared dish, alternate layer of cookies, bananas and pudding
- For the meringue, beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Slowly add remaining 3/4-cups sugar.
- Beat until stiff glossy peaks form
- Spread mixture over pudding
- Bake until meringue is gold brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, if desired
- Cover and store any leftovers in the refrigerateor for up to 3-days
- This would make my Grandmother smile - Susana
The Cooksusana Mandeville, LA
The Rating5 people
Thank you for sharing a family recipe and it sounds great tooaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Learned To Appreciate Good, Homemade Banana Pudding Here In Alabama. This Sounds Like A Real Keeper.
Thnx For Sharing.
goblue434 in Anniston loved it
Thanks, I needed this recipe. A lady at the store told it to me, and of course I forgot it right away.lumpy1 in Markham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!