Crabmeat in a BlanketFrom lenora 7 years ago
- ½ 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- ½ lb. fresh lump crabmeat shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 28 slices sandwich bread shopping list
- melted butter or margarine shopping list
- fresh parsley sprigs, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Beat cream cheese, whipping cream and garlic on medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in crabmeat and next 4 ingredients.
- Trim crust from bread slices and reserve for other uses.
- Roll each slice of bread to 1/8-inch thickness with a rolling pin. Place 1 tablespoon crabmeat filling diagonally across each slice; fold opposite corners of bread to overlap in center.
- Secure with wooden picks, if necessary.
- Place sandwiches on ungreased baking sheets.
- Brush tops with melted butter. Bake at 325°F for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately
- Yield: 28 servings