Spinach Artichoke DipFrom lenora 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced white or yellow onion, cut into 1/8-inch dice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (preferable homemade) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated chicken stock base or crumbled bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted, drained, wrung out by hand, and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 6 ounces canned artichoke bottoms, drained and cut into 1/8-inch slices shopping list
- 1 cup finely shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon Tobasco Sauce shopping list
- Blue and white corn tortilla chips shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and butter together over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently and stopping before the onion and garlic brown.
- Sprinkle the flour and continue cooking, stirring continuously, until the mixture turns a golden-blond color, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then, whisking continuously, slowly pour in the stock until it is smoothly incorporated.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the cream. Let it return to the simmer. Remove from the heat, add the parmesan, chicken base or bouillon cubes, lemon juice, and sugar, and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add the sour cream, spinach, artichoke bottoms, Monterey Jack cheese and Tobasco sauce, and stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese has melted.
- Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately, accompanied by blue and white corn tortilla chips.