Banana Delight Cake with banana coconut frostingFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ................................. shopping list
- banana coconut frosting shopping list
- • 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- • 2 pounds confectioners' sugar, sifted shopping list
- • 1/2 cup mashed banana shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- • 1 cup toasted coconut shopping list
- • 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- • 4 drops yellow food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together the sifted cake flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- . Add shortening, butter, buttermilk, and mashed banana; mix until moistened, then beat on low speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat 1 minute longer.
- Grease 2 9-inch round or square layer cake pans and line bottoms with waxed paper. Grease waxed paper. Dived batter into the two pans
- bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes, until cake tests done. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes in pans; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with the banana coconut frosting, below
- Cream butter; add sugar and bananas which have been sprinkled with lemon juice. Blend well. Add toasted coconut and nuts; mix well. Blend in yellow food coloring. Spread between layers and on sides and top of cake.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
Well here I am again, and here's another great post, and another high 5 for you too.henrie in Savannah loved it
Another winner here my friend. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Yum! I'm bananas for bananas!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!