Oatmeal Cookies With Optional TwistsFrom grumpybaker 4 years ago
- 1 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. 2% milk shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 cups Old fashioned oatmeal shopping list
- --------- shopping list
- Optional twists of ingredients I have used in these cookies shopping list
- Note: 1 cup each of any one or two of these ingredients are great in these cookies. shopping list
- Golden raisins shopping list
- Chopped cashews (my favorite) shopping list
- Chopped pecans, walnuts. shopping list
- chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips shopping list
- coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer bowl at medium speed beat the shortening and both sugars until creamy,
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. mix well.
- Mix together the flour, soda, salt and the baking powder in a bowl.
- At a lower speed add in the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time.
- Continue mixing until well blended.
- Stir in the oatmeal by hand or continue using the mixer.
- Now is the time to add the optional ingredients if you wish.
- Place dough on a lightly greased cookie sheet the size of walnuts about two inches apart.
- Press each cookie to flatten slightly.
- Bake for approx. 12-17 minutes, should be lightly browned.
- Cool five minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
The Cookgrumpybaker Jacksonville, OR
The Rating6 people
I like your twists grumpy, you are getting to be the cookie queen! I never pass up a sweet morsel...:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Great cookie recipe. Now I know what to put on todays shopping list. Thank you! FIVE!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
Great recipe! Thanks for sharingjett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!