Asparagus Leek and Gruyere QuicheFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 leek (white/light green parts), washed well, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends removed and thinly sliced on the diagonal shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup half and half shopping list
- ground nutmeg shopping list
- You favorite 9" pie crust shopping list
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with rack in lowest position.
- In large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add leek and asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, half and half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, teaspoon pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Place pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with asparagus mixture.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake until center of quiche is just set, 50 to 60 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.