Picadillo a la HabaneraFrom sandra47 6 years ago
- olive oil for frying, about ¼ cup or less shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 pounds lean or extra lean ground beef or ground round shopping list
- 3/4 cups tomato sauce or ½ cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup capers shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins shopping list
- 2 tablespoon dry wine (any kind as long as it is dry) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt or to your taste shopping list
How to make it
- (You can use a food processor for the onion, garlic and bell pepper, saves a lot of work)
- Sauté onion, green pepper, and garlic in a large pan.
- Fry about 5 minutes, until the onions are softened.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin, oregano, then add the ground beef.
- Mix all the ingredients of the “sofrito” with the meat and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add olives, capers, raisins and petit pois and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- For the empanadas or papas rellenas (recipes will follow) let it dry more. The drier the better so that it will not drip through the dough or mashed potatoes..
The Cooksandra47 Toronto, CA
The Rating6 people
another wonderful recipe high5 thanks love it.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds amazing. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Love this dish. Thank you for sharing it!
5quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!