Pear Ice CreamFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- In suitably sized saucepan over medium heat combine 1 cup whipping cream with the sugar.
- Cook 5 minutes then whisking constantly gradually pour mixture over egg yolks in a bowl.
- Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium low heat 12 minutes.
- Stir in remaining whipping cream, vanilla and pear liqueur.
- Meanwhile peel core and coarsely chop the ripe pears.
- In another saucepan combine pears with 1/4 cup water then cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender puree pears with the liquid then stir purée into custard.
- Place waxed paper directly on surface and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!