Herbed Sweet Potato PattiesFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seeds shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 5 cups grated sweet potato shopping list
- 1 cup grated onion shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 3 teaspoon s diced fresh red chili or 1 teaspoon ground shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a small frying pan, toast the cumin seeds until just brown.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the eggs, then mix in remaining ingredients,
- including the toasted cumin seeds.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet and oil lightly. ( teflon pan is great foe this )
- Drop batter by spoonsful into the pan and cook slowly on
- each side until cakes are very golden, about 25 minutes.
- Keep warm under a tea towel while cooking the remaining cakes.
- Makes 12 small cakes.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
This sounds fantastic! Love the burst of flavors here! Definitely a keeper, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Is there a line forming to get a couple of these, midge? GREAT! My ^5 and thanks..
Llacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
I wish I could get my husband to eat sweet potatoes! I will have to make these while I'm living on my own in Japan!
Great post!markeverett in Riverside loved it