Chicken Fried Steak with GravyFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 6 (4-ounces each) cube steaks shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 4 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a medium-high skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil.
- Cook's Note: Oil is heated when you drop a little flour in and the oil spits.
- Pound out the cube steaks with a meat mallet until they are 1/4 to 1/2-inches thick.
- Salt and pepper both sides.
- Mix the flour, cayenne and paprika together in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl.
- Dredge the steaks through the flour, then egg mixture, then through the flour again.
- Place on rack to sit while preparing remaing steaks
- Place the steak carefully in the pan as the oil will splatter.
- Cook until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes on each side.
- When finished, place on a sheet tray lined with paper towels, hold in a warm oven and repeat the procedure with the other pieces of steak.
- When all steaks have been cooked off, pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the cooking oil and lower heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the leftover flour mixture to the oil and whisk to create a paste.
- Cook until golden, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk to the flour and oil mixture while whisking together. Season the gravy with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Let cook until thickened; about 10 minutes.
- Pour gravy over the steak to finish and garnish with parsley
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
love chicken fried steaks great post high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is definately a recipe I will try soon. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Southern Cooks560 members
Electric Skillet Fans38 members
Television TV Famous Chefs67 members
Oldies But Goodies115 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
Anything Fried68 members
Southern Goodness61 members