Old Fashioned Hot German Potato SaladFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 4 Large potatoes boiled in skins and peeled while hot. shopping list
- 6 strip bacon fried crisp shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon celery salt or ½c diced celery shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar or Heinz white vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- After potatoes have bee boiled and peeled slice thinly.
- When bacon is fried crisp and remove from skillet. In bacon drippings brown onion and celery.
- Stir in salt and cornstarch.
- Add vinegar and water.
- Stir in sliced potatoes.
- As the sauce thickens as potatoes are added more water may be needed.
- More seasoning may be added if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- TopKatt8 Nowhere, Us
- m2googee Tomball, TX
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- terryr Henderson, NV
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- aussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- minnimommaj Phoenix, OR
- grizzlybear CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating6 people
Oh yum its my fav.........and the only type of potato salad i like yummmmmmm
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Can't go wrong with this one....bacon, cue the Homer Simpson drool...yum.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Love German potato salad! Thanks for a great post.m2googee in Tomball loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!