gluten free GingersnapsFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 2⅔ cups gluten-free flour blend of shopping list
- choice (or use recipe below) shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1¾ teaspoons xanthan gum shopping list
- ⅛ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter or non-dairy shopping list
- margarine, melted......( 1 stick is 1/2 cup ) shopping list
- ¼ cup molasses shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- sugar for topping shopping list
- ....................................... shopping list
- High-Protein gluten-free flour Blend shopping list
- 1¼ cups bean flour (of choice), chickpea flour or soy flour shopping list
- 1 cup arrowroot starch, cornstarch or potato starch shopping list
- 1 cup tapioca starch/flour shopping list
- 1 cup white or brown rice flour shopping list
- Combine flours together. Refrigerate and store in tightly covered container until used. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix together flour blend, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix butter, molasses and sugar together. Beat in egg.
- Slowly stir in dry ingredients. Dough will be sticky. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Divide dough into three equal parts. Roll into logs between 1/2 to 2-inches thick, depending on the size of your cookies.
- Cut logs in slices about ¼ to 1/3-inch thick. Press both sides of each slice in sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely and transfer to a rack. Store cookies in an airtight container.
- TIP If dough is too sticky to shape into a log, place each portion of dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll it up. Refrigerate until dough is stiff enough to slice.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Super post! Thank you for sharing. My mother will love this.quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
These look delicious.stalwart in Tulsa loved it
This was a hit even though I made mistakes with measurements and used brown sugar instead of white. We have a clay baking pan so no need to grease the sheet. (How much is 1 stick of butter? I guessed it might be about 2/3 cup of margarine. ) I want...moreScottsperg in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!