Black Eyed Pea Soup With Ham And GreensFrom chefgil 5 years ago
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, diced shopping list
- 1 pound collard greens, stems and ribs removed, finely chopped shopping list
- 1pt chicken broth (canned is fine) shopping list
- 5 c water shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2c cooked black-eyed peas shopping list
- 2 tsp cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot and ham.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft.
- Add collards, broth, water, bay and red pepper flakes to the pan.
- Simmer until greens are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Rinse and drain black-eyed peas.
- In a medium mixing bowl mash one can of peas.
- Stir mashed and whole peas into soup and simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper; stir in vinegar
- Heat through and serve.
The Cookchefgil Stanardsville, VA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!