Old New Mexico CarsseroleFrom olivia63 5 years ago
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage shopping list
- 4 scallions, diced, reserving 2/3 of the diced green tops shopping list
- 2 (7 oz.) cans diced mild green chilies shopping list
- 6 slices approximately sourdough French bread shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups colby monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 small roma tomato, seeded, diced into 1/4-inch dice shopping list
- 10 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
How to make it
- Fry sausage until browned and almost cooked through.
- Add scallion bottoms along with 1/3 of the green tops and cook until meat is thoroughly cooked and turn off heat.
- Add chilies and mix well. Spray a 9X13 inch-baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the bread slices into the dish to cover bottom and pour sausage mixture evenly over bread.
- Spread cheese evenly over sausage and sprinkle reserved diced green scallion tops and tomato over cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add half-and-half and pour over casserole.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake casserole for 35 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and continue to bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
The Cookolivia63 Albuquerque, NM
The Rating6 people
A new twist on the normal breakfast casserole. thanks for a great post.m2googee in Tomball loved it
I agree m2. I like green chiles and eggs. So, this sounds like a great easy-to-do recipe. Thanks for posting. 5txgreg in Dallas loved it
Wow, neat recipe! You da pooh-bah! Wow!whuebl in Annapolis loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!