Aunt Helens Filled CookiesFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup (12 1/2-oz. can) almond cake and pastry filling, divided shopping list
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided shopping list
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped, divided shopping list
- Sifted powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheet.
- COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- COMBINE egg, milk and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir with fork just until moistened. Form a ball with dough; divide dough in half. Cover; refrigerate for about 1 hour or until dough becomes easy to handle.
- ROLL each half of dough on floured surface to 12 x 6-inch rectangle. Spread each rectangle with half of pastry filling to within 1-inch of edge. Top each filling with 1 cup morsels and half the nuts. Brush edges of each rectangle with water. Bring two long sides of each rectangle together over filling; seal seams and ends of each rectangle. Carefully transfer each rectangle, seam side down, with a pastry cloth or long metal spatula to prepared baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut each loaf into eighteen 1/2 inch-thick slices.