Sensational Spaghetti and SauceFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 pound ground chuck or ground beef at least 15% fat shopping list
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 3 medium red tomatoes, chopped roughly shopping list
- 2 tablespoon good-quality tomato paste shopping list
- 3/4 cup coffee, freshly brewed (make extra to drink while dicing and chopping, you’re the cook, you deserve it!) shopping list
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, cleaned, and sliced thickly shopping list
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- Pinch of sugar (to counteract the acid in the tomatoes) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Italian or Mexican oregano shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste, as necessary shopping list
- 1/2 pound regular spaghetti (8 ounces) shopping list
- fresh parmesan cheese, roughly grated (splurge, it’s worth it!) shopping list
How to make it
- Brew the coffee and set aside.
- Grate the cheese and set aside.
- Heat a large pot of water for the spaghetti.
- In an iron or nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil, then add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is brown.
- At this point, you can drain off the fat if you feel there is too much.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste mushrooms, and coffee to the meat sauce and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, adding water if the sauce becomes too condense.
- While the sauce is cooking, keep an eye on the water and cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the package.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and put into a large bowl you have preheated by pouring hot water into it, then throwing the water out.
- Finish the sauce by adding the oregano then stir it in thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Pour over the pasta.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and serve immediately.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Very Yummy! Thanks. High 5maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
Coffee is a new one to me in spaghetti sauce. I will definitely have to try this. Great post as usual! Thanksm2googee in Tomball loved it
Pasta Place195 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes286 members
Honey Whats For Dinner33 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Secret Ingredients54 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members