Salsa Corn BreadFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp. honey shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten until foamy shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1 sm. onion, diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, diced shopping list
- 1 sm. jalapeño pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese ( topping ) shopping list
How to make it
- Generously coat an 8- or 9-inch cast-iron skillet with the butter and place it in oven while the oven preheats to 425°F.
- Blending well, combine all of the remaining ingredients except for the cheese, which you should reserve to sprinkle over the top of the prepared batter.
- When the butter has melted and the skillet is thoroughly heated, remove the hot skillet from the oven and carefully pour the batter into it, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the batter.
- Return skillet to oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
This Sounds Really Tasty Midge.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
Yum. This sounds amazing Midge. Can't wait to try. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
My 5, midge!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it