King Ranch Chicken CasseroleFrom bemontgomery 8 years ago
- 1 cup onions -- diced shopping list
- 1 cup green bell peppers -- diced shopping list
- 1/2 pound mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 pound cheddar cheese -- shredded shopping list
- 2 cups chicken -- cooked and diced shopping list
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilis shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic -- minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas -- torn into quarters shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pan, sauté onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms in butter, Add soups, tomatoes & chilies, garlic, chili powder, and chicken broth.
- Line bottom of a 9x13 inch pan with pieces of tortillas. Spread half the chicken over the tortillas and top with half of the sauce, then half of the cheese.
- Cover with another layer of torn corn tortillas, and repeat the chicken, sauce and cheese layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- When freezing, put in freezer after assembling casserole, and bake when ready to eat.