All-purpose Brown Gravy-sauceFrom pointsevenout 4 years ago
- 1 c olive oil shopping list
- 1 c unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 T minced garlic shopping list
- 3 large sweet onions shopping list
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 t parsley shopping list
- ½ t oregano shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 8 c chicken bouillon shopping list
- 4 dashes Worchester sauce shopping list
- 2 dashes soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter and oil in stock pot over medium heat.
- Thinly vertically slice onions. Add to stock pot with a sprinkle of salt & pepper to season, add 2 T garlic; sauté for 20 minutes. Remove and drain onions in a sieve over a bowl to catch excess fat.
- Add mushrooms, 2 T garlic, parsley, oregano, & drained fat. Sauté for 5 minutes. Remove and drain mushrooms.
- Pour all fat into a glass measuring cup. There should be about 1 cup of fat. Pour the fat back into the stock pot. Add an equal amount of flour; stir to mix. Continue stirring and sautéing roux until it is a peanut butter color. Add 8 cups bouillon per cup of fat. Continue stirring until thickened while adding Worchester Sauce, Soy Sauce, onion & mushrooms. Add 1 t salt then salt & pepper to taste.
- When thickened, let sauce cool. Divide into two portions and freeze in gallon bags. This sauce is good for pasta and all meats. It can even be used as gravy.
- When reheating, melt in your favorite cheese.