Bistec A La MexicanaFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 garlic clove peeled shopping list
- 1 large jalapeno stemmed and halved shopping list
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 1/3 cup cilantro roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 large green onion roots and wilted outer leaves removed chopped into small pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds thin beef steak shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- Drop garlic and chili pieces one at a time into a running food processor.
- Let each get finely chopped before adding the next.
- Turn off the processor and remove the lid.
- Cut 1 tomato in quarters and add it to the food processor along with the cilantro.
- Pulse until you have a coarse puree then scrape mixture into a bowl.
- Cut the other tomato into 1/4" pieces and add to bowl along with green onion.
- Taste and season with lime juice and salt.
- Heat a wok over medium high heat then drizzle in a little oil.
- In two batches stir fry steak until lightly browned.
- Remove to a plate leaving behind as much oil as possible.
- Stir fry salsa until reduced approximately 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup broth then returned browned meat to pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour salsa over beef and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating10 people
I love mexican food!!^-^croughwell_3 in Mims loved it
I going to bed soon and I know I can not eat. but now I am very hungry again. I love this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
This sounds different and delicious! Thanks for another great recipe!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!