Hearty Chicken and Rice SoupFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 10 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 medium white onion shopping list
- 1 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped parsley shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups cubed chicken shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- Lime slices for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine broth, onion, celery, carrots, parsley, pepper, thyme and bay leaf in Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil then stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken then simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Stir in rice and lime juice just before serving.
- Garnish with lime slices.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!