Pasta Salad with PestoFrom dmiller64116 9 years ago
- 3/4 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 2 medium cloves garlic , unpeeled shopping list
- table salt shopping list
- 1 pound farfalle (bow ties) pasta shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 1 additional tablespoon shopping list
- 3 cups packed fresh basil leaves (about 4 ounces) shopping list
- 1 cup baby spinach (packed), about 1 ounce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 1/2 ounces finely grated parmesan cheese (about 3/4 cup), plus extra for serving shopping list
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , quartered, or grape tomatoes, halved (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 4 quarts water to rolling boil in large pot.
- Toast pine nuts in small dry skillet over medium heat, shaking pan occasionally, until just golden and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes.
- When water is boiling, add garlic and let cook 1 minute. Remove garlic with slotted spoon and rinse under cold water to stop cooking; set aside to cool. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to water, stir to separate, and cook until tender (just past al dente).
- Reserving 1/4 cup cooking water, drain pasta, toss with 1 tablespoon oil, spread in single layer on rimmed baking sheet, and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- When garlic is cool, peel and mince or press through garlic press.
- Place 1/4 cup nuts, garlic, basil, spinach, pepper, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 cup oil, and 1 teaspoon salt in bowl of food processor and process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Add cheese and mayonnaise and process until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer mixture to large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble salad.
- When pasta is cool, toss with pesto, adding reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until pesto evenly coats pasta. Fold in remaining 1/2 cup nuts and tomatoes (if using); serve.
The Cookdmiller64116 Kansas City, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!