Turkey Cornmeal Dumpling CasseroleFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 pound ground turkey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped white onions shopping list
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2/3 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sage shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- Dumplings: shopping list
- 1/2 cup white corn meal shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- In large heavy skillet cook turkey in oil for 5 minutes stirring to break up meat.
- Add remaining ingredients except dumplings then bring to boil.
- Reduce heat then cover and simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile mix all dumpling ingredients together and stir until well combined.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto hot meat mixture.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes then cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
I love all kinds of dumplings. Great recipe!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Oh, meow! These dumplings sound GREAT! My thanks and my ^5, my friend.
Llacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
oh this sounds good... and the dumplings can be very easily converted to gluten free... thank you for sharing...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!