Homestyle Greek SpaghettiFrom timewolf 7 years ago
- 1 lb. spaghetti, 100% durum wheat semolina (I use an Italian import called Garofalo, #9 size) shopping list
- 1 onion, medium size sweet yellow shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, large shopping list
- Fresh Greek oregano leaves to taste, stripped from stem shopping list
- I Tablespoon capers shopping list
- 1/2 cup feta, coarsely crumbled shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- light olive oil (for saute') shopping list
- High quality extra virgin olive oil (to finish the dish) shopping list
- Coarse kosher salt shopping list
- Coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put at least 3 quarts of salted fresh water on to boil.
- Heat a saute' pan which is large enough for the cooked pasta and liberally coat pan with with cooking grade olive oil.
- Fine dice onion and add to oiled hot saute pan.
- Season onion dice with salt and pepper and begin clarifying, take care not to brown onions.
- When water is rapidly boiling add spaghetti, stir once after pasta sinks below the surface. Pasta should cook fo about 11 minutes. *
- Crush the garlic clove with the flat of a knife and add to almost clarified onions, toss frequently.
- When pasta is cooked, remove garlic clove from saute pan and add drained but still dripping wet pasta.
- Quickly add oregano leaves, olives and capers (plus any other accent) to saute' pan.
- Toss ingredients over medium high heat to evaporate remaining moisture and coat pasta. (the steam warms the accents)
- Turn pasta into individual pasta bowls.
- Top with feta cheese, drizzle with extra virgin oilve oil to taste.
- Season with coarse black pepper, and 1/4 lemon squeezed over top.
- * Pasta: http://www.fredericksburg-fun.com/blog/2007/01/06/eating-little-strings/
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cooktimewolf TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!