Chili Rellenos RecipeFrom minnimommaj 7 years ago
- 20 ounces whole green chilies, 2 small cans shopping list
- 1/2 lb monterey jack cheese, pepper Jack for more heat.Sliced to fit in chilies shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 3 eggs, seperated.yolks from whites shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- oil, I use peanut oil (for frying) shopping list
How to make it
- Drain chilies,Gently open and insert a slice of cheese.Dredge in
- flour and set aside on a plate.I salt and pepper the flour.
- Beat egg whites to a stiff peak stage.Set aside.
- Seperately mix egg yolks with 3 TBS flour.It will be thick.
- Take a spoon of whites and gently fold into yolks.continue folding
- whites into yolks til they are combined.
- Heat oil to about 350.
- Dip chilies in batter and then put into hot oil.Fry on each side til
- golden brown.About 2 minute on each side.
- Serve with salsa on top some refried beans and some warmed
The Cookminnimommaj Phoenix, OR
The Rating4 people
Lovely poppers, minni! You got my ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Thi is the way I learned to make these over 30 years ago. It is the only way. Only thing I do different is make a red chile/veggie sauce I put over the top. Yum, yum, yum - I may have to go home and make some tonight! Thanks and high 5valinkenmore in Malott loved it