MUSTARD GREENS AND HAM HOCKSFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- 2 pounds mustard greens or collard greens shopping list
- 2 pounds green cabbage shopping list
- 3 ham hocks, smoked (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- 3 quarts water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves shopping list
- 4 medium idaho potatoes, peeled (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- Cut into quarters shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Wash the greens thoroughly and drain them by shaking
- Off any excess water. Remove the very thick part of the
- Stems from the greens and coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and cut the core from the
- Cabbage pieces. Coarsely chop the cabbage and set aside.
- 2. Put the ham hocks and enough cold water to cover them
- In a 4-quartsaucepan over high heat. Heat to boiling,reduce
- The heat to simmering, and cook the hocks, covered, until
- Almost tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 3. Stir in the chopped greens, salt, pepper, sugar, and thyme.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and potatoes and cook until all vegetables are tender,
- About 30 minutes.Check the seasonings and serve hot.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!