Pumpkin PieFrom splosh 4 years ago
- Shortcrust pastry: shopping list
- 4 oz plain flour shopping list
- 1/2 level teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 level teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 oz butter shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 cups mashed pumpkin shopping list
- 1 cup brown or raw sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon each of nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger shopping list
- 2 cups milk or yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sultanas shopping list
How to make it
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Add a couple of tablespoons of water just to tie it together. Roll dough into a circle on a floured surface.
- Line a deep pie plate with shortcrust and flute the edge with thumb and finger. Combine all the other ingredients, mixing until perfectly blended. Pour into the pastry shell and bake 10 minutes in a hot oven (220C) then reduce the heat to moderate (180C) and continue baking till a knife will come clean and dry out of the centre of the pie.