Magnificent CasseroleFrom bemontgomery 9 years ago
- 2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon green pepper -- minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese -- grated shopping list
- 8 ounces egg noodles -- (package) shopping list
- 1 pound cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup green onion -- chopped shopping list
- 2 cups tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pan, cook noodles in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain & set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream. Add onion and peppers. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef & drain any fat. Add tomato sauce to ground beef.
- Grease 9 x 13 inch cake pan or casserole dish, and arrange the following layers: Noodles, cheese mixture, meat mixture - then repeat. Top with grated Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Note: If you will be freezing this casserole for later use, you may want to reduce or omit the amount of green pepper and onion which are used, as they have a tendency to get stronger over a long period of time.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cookbemontgomery Fishers, IN
The Rating2 people
Magnificent is the perfect word for this casserole, my family loved it!!! Thanks for the great recipe.lorialehmann in Detroit Lakes loved it
I made this casserole last week and it was a very easy and delicious recipe -as the name states it was truly "magnificent"!!!! All of the flavors were spot on and the swiss added a nice twist to this italian dish. This is a definetly make again and p...more99bordeaux in Richmond loved it