Pork Green ChiliFrom valinkenmore 7 years ago
- 1 lb. of lean pork, cut in ½” cubes shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped, ½” dice shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 – 3 jalapeño peppers, sliced (depending on how hot you like it) shopping list
- 1 quart of chicken broth shopping list
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 2 – 7 oz. cans of chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1 teas. dried oregano leaves shopping list
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté pork in olive oil until browned lightly. Remove pork and add onions, jalapenos and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent. Add pork, chicken broth, tomatoes, green chilies, oregano and ¼ cup cilantro. Simmer covered over low heat for 1-1/2 hours. Add remaining cilantro and serve.
- NOTE: For those who like a thicker sauce-soup, you can add 3T. cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water, stir to mix well. Add a little at a time to chili and heat until thickened to your taste.