Leek & Goat Cheese GaletteFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- Galette dough: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tb granulated sugar shopping list
- 12 tb cold butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup ice water, as needed shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- for the filling: shopping list
- 6 large leeks, including inch of green shopping list
- 3 tb unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche shopping list
- kosher salt + white pepper + black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 3 tb chopped parsley shopping list
- 4 oz (herbed) goat cheese, less or more to taste shopping list
- eggwash, for brushing pastry shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- For the dough:
- Mix the flour, salt, and sugar together in a bowl. Cut in the butter by hand, food processor or using a mixer with a paddle attachment, leaving some pea-sized chunks.
- Sprink the ice water over the top by the tablespoon and toss with the flour mixture until you can bring the dough together into a ball. Press into a disk and refrigerate if the butter feels soft at all.
- To form a galette, roll it out on a lightly floured counter into a 14-inch irregular circle about 1/8 inch thick. Fold it into quarters and transfer it to the back of a sheet pan or a cookie sheet without sides, then unfold it - it should be larger than the pan (as you'll be folding it in on itself once it's filled). Chill until ready to fill.
- For the Filling:
- Thinly slice and wash the leeks. you should have about 6 cups.
- Melt butter in medium skillet. add leeks, thyme, and 1/2 cup water. stew over medium heat, stirring frequently, until leeks are tender, about 12 minutes. add wine and continue cooking until reduced; then add the crème and cook until it coats the leeks and little liquid remains. season with salt and plenty of pepper. let cool 10 minutes then stir in beaten egg and 2 tb of the parsley.
- Spread leek mixture on top of rolled galette dough, leaving a 2 inch border around the edge. crumble the goat cheese on top, then fold the dough over the filling (fold it over a little or a lot, up to you). brush with egg wash and bake until crust is browned, 25-30 minutes. garnish with remaining parsley. bon appétit!
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating2 people
This one is going straight for the keeps! I am so happy you post stuff from scratch, looove it! 5 forks and a beauty flag!juels in Clayton loved it