Golden Fried Jumbo PrawnsFrom aravi_vel 4 years ago
- Jumbo prawns - 12-16 shopping list
- garlic - 4-6 cloves shopping list
- oyster sauce (optional) - 2 tbsps shopping list
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp shopping list
- soy sauce - 1 tsp shopping list
- white pepper powder - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- Ajinomoto (china salt) - 1/4 tsp (optional) shopping list
- salt - to taste shopping list
- Refined flour - 3/4 cup shopping list
- cornstarch - 1/2 cup shopping list
- baking powder - 1/4 tsp shopping list
- oil - 3/4 cup + to deep fry shopping list
How to make it
- Wash, remove shell and devein prawns retaining the tip of the tail. pat dry the prawns thoroughly with an absorbent kitchen towel.
- Peel, wash and gring garlic to a fine paste.
- Mix the garlic paste, oyster sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, white pepper powder, ajinomoto and salt to taste. Apply this mixture liberally on the prawns and leave aside to marinate for two hours , preferably in the refrigerator.
- Mix refined flour, cornstarch, baking powder, oil, salt to taste and three-fourth cup of water. Whisk thoroughly to make a batter of pouring consistency and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat sufficicent oil in a wok, dip marinated prawns in the batter by holding the tail and deep fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat, turning frequently or until crisp and golden brown in color.
- Remove, drain onto an absorbent kitchen towel and serve hot with sauce of your choice.