Chocolate ChimichangasFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 6 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars shopping list
- 6 (10 inch) burrito-size flour tortillas shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- raspberry sauce shopping list
- vanilla ice cream shopping list
- Garnishes shopping list
- chocolate shavings, mint sprigs shopping list
- For Rasberry Sauce shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- For Chimichangas:
- Place 1 candy bar just below center of 1 tortilla.
- Fold bottom of tortilla up and over candy bar just until partially covered.
- Fold left and right sides of tortilla over; roll up, and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining candy bars and tortillas.
- Freeze 20 minutes.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a large skillet; heat to 375°.
- Place 2 tortillas, seam sides down, in hot oil, gently pressing with tongs for a few seconds to seal.
- Fry tortillas 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Raspberry Sauce and vanilla ice cream.
- Garnish, if desired.
- For Rasberry Sauce: Combine first 3 ingredients and, if desired, orange liqueur, in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or just until raspberry mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- Press raspberry mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a small saucepan, using the back of a spoon to squeeze out juice.
- Discard pulp and seeds.
- Whisk in 1 teaspoons cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Store in refrigerator up to 3 days
- Makes 1 cup.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Choco Lovers138 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Anything Goes286 members
All About Choclate85 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Family Favorites140 members
Secret Ingredients54 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members