Parve Apple Cake LoavesFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup canola oil shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, please use pastry flour! shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 11/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon mace shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups granny smith apples, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons turbinado sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Combine the sugar and oil in a large bowl.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add to the dry mixture to make a very thick batter.
- Stir in the nuts, then the apples until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pans.
- Sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for one hour or until done.
- The tops will be golden and crispy.
- Cool fully before slicing.
- To make the original, use: 3 cups all-purpose flour and omit the whole wheat pastry flour; 1 teaspoon cinnamon and omit the nutmeg, mace, and cloves;
- Golden Delicious apples instead of Granny Smiths; and granulated sugar instead of turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Bake Sale126 members
Healthy Baking123 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
A Fruity World45 members
Oldies But Goodies113 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members