Rice And Egg CasseroleFrom uhannigan 4 years ago
- 3 cups cooked brown (or white) rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (include green part) shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle (or other med. hot pepper) shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 oz. can mild green chilis, chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup mixed eggs or egg substitute (I use Eggbeaters) shopping list
- 1/2 cups Cheddar or mexican cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup salsa, medium hot shopping list
- 1 med lime, quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine rice, green onions, and spices.
- Spoon into shallow 8” square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top rice mixture evenly with green chilis.
- Pour egg substitute evenly over all.
- Bake 30 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
- Bake an additional 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 min before cutting into 4 square servings.
- Serve with 1-2 Tb salsa and a lime wedge.
The Cookuhannigan PA
The Rating2 people
This sound like a great breakfast or brunch recipe! Or maybe even as a dinner...I've been doing breakfast for dinner lately and I'm always looking for new ideas!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
Okay...I made this for dinner tonight and it was very good!!! The only change I made was to use yellow onion instead of green...I didn't have any green. I used brown rice and regular eggs. By the way...1 1/2 cups of eggs = 6 large eggs. I love the la...morelilliancooks in Long Island loved it